PDAs and PCAs serve as the framework behind Plan Bay Area, the region’s long-range transportation plan and sustainable communities strategy. The forums will focus on engaging topics relevant to local jurisdictions and other stakeholders with an interest in advancing transit-accessible development to accomodate future growth in the region.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Financing strategies for infill development and infrastructure;
- Planning for and implementing Complete Streets;
- Implementing placemaking strategies for a walkable, active environment;
- Developing pro-active community engagement plans;
- Collaboration – working toward a common goal;
- Identifying tools to build healthy communities;
- CEQA and Transit-Oriented Development – exploring successful streamlining practices outlined in recent legislation;
- Making affordable housing a reality.
Forums will be held three to four times per year in locations throughout the region. Most forums will offer up to 2.0 CM credits.
To sign up for the Planning Innovations email distribution list, please email Therese Trivedi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Forum #1: Advancing PDA Implementation: Successful Placemaking Strategies
March 23, 2016
- PDA Implementation Successful Place-making Strategies
Jeff Kay, Business Development Manager, City of San Leandro
- Successful Placemaking Strategies
Gaye Quinn, Managing Partner, Westlake Urban
- PlaceMaking Strategies at BART
Abigail Thorne-Lyman, Principal Planner, BART
Forum #2: Financing PDA Infrastructure – Strategies to Meet Today's Needs
July 27, 2016
- Event Postcard: Financing PDA Infrastructure: Strategies to Meet Today’s Needs
- White Paper – Infrastructure Financing for Infill Development in the Bay Area
- Financing PDA Infrastructure: Strategies to Meet Today's Needs
- Redevelopment, Infrastructure Financing Districts, and Community Revitalization and Investment Authorities: How Do They Compare?
Forum #3: Advancing PDA Implementation: Affordable and Workforce Housing Policy and Design
January 26, 2017
The topic of the third MTC-sponsored Planning Innovations forum was Affordable and Workforce Housing: What's Working in the Bay Area. Watch the presentations from this forum via YouTube.